It’s the lazy days of summer and you are ready for a vacation, right? You dream of your favorite spot, complete with a beautiful beach, palm trees and refreshing beverages. Then it hits you like a coconut in the face. You still need to post a blog article because your readers are counting on you! Go back to relaxing, I have the solution – a guest blogger.
What is a guest blogger?
Someone who writes posts for other bloggers to publish for free, or writing posts for other bloggers to publish on their blogs for free. Guest blogging is a traffic building and networking tool to help grow a blog.
Have you ever used a guest blogger? If not, here are 6 reasons why you need to develop a relationship with reputable guest bloggers.
Guest bloggers offer a wide variety of benefits to your site.
- Guest bloggers expand your audience
- Guest bloggers give credibility
- Guest bloggers offer a fresh, new perspective on your topic
- Guest bloggers may be experts in a field that you aren’t
- Guest bloggers can give you some time off (when you’re busy or on vacation) by writing a post for you
- Guest bloggers allow you to guest blog and share your expertise on their site
Where do you find guest bloggers?
There are many ways to build relationships with other bloggers, here are a few:
- Ask a blogger that you follow that is also in your industry
- Develop relationships with some of your favorite Twitter friends
- Call up a colleague and ask him/her to write a post on a specific subject
- Email an industry expert that you met at a conference or trade show
The list goes on, but you get the idea. We all meet interesting people in person and online. These same people will be honored that you’ve asked them to share their expertise with your audience. This is especially beneficial if the guest blogger is an expert in a field that you are not. Once you have chosen a potential guest blogger, do your research to ensure this person will add value to your site. Remember, content marketing such as blogging should educate, entertain and/or inform your audience. Your audience will be delighted with your guest’s specialized advice or knowledge.
A word of caution: There are several schools of thought on using guest blogging for back linking purposes and whether it helps or hinders your Google ranking. If this is your sole purpose for adding guest bloggers to your site, you may want to do further research on the topic.
If you would like more information, check out the Beginner’s Guide to Guest Blogging infographic below by GuestBlogPoster. Share your guest blogging experiences with us in the comments section below, we’d love to hear your experiences!