Is your social media campaign built on a firm foundation?
A strong foundation is the key to success for any program, and a social media marketing campaign is no exception. Prevent your next campaign from collapsing and get the best results by taking the time to prepare a solid building plan that includes the following tips:
- Establish one goal for the social campaign. Every campaign should have a measurable goal that your company strives to accomplish through the social media campaign such as increasing customer relationship management, building brand awareness, lead generation, etc. Attempting to achieve several goals in a single campaign will cause confusion. For best results, focus on one goal for each campaign. Click here to learn how to align your social media strategy with your company’s objectives.
- Get to know your brand’s audience. Find out which social networks your target market prefers to hang out and build a community on the same channel(s). Next, listen to what your audience is talking about, find their pain points and determine how your company will provide solutions.
- Analyze your internal environment. If you haven’t already done so, now is the time to define your company’s culture. In addition, take a good look at the success or failure of past social campaigns efforts, align future campaigns with offline efforts, make sure your company website is up-to-date, and determine budget and staffing needs.
- Analyze your company’s external environment. Create a competitive analysis and determine industry benchmarks, market trends and whether outsourcing to an agency would make sense.
- Develop a keyword strategy. There are several online analytic tools to discover the keywords and phrases potential customers are using to find your website. This often overlooked step is very important because you will use these keywords on your social profiles and in content marketing materials.
- Tell the story of your brand. Everyone loves a great story! Stories that connect with your audience emotionally will find the greatest engagement. Great story starters can begin with your company’s vision or mission.
- Create your content. Craft a content marketing strategy and begin to build your library. Use a combination of blogs, graphics, videos, webinars, etc. to entertain, educate and inform your audience.
- Repurpose a single piece of content to cross promote on different channels. Click here for great ideas on how to integrate content marketing across all your social media sites.
After taking the time to follow these steps, your social media marketing strategy will be sitting on a strong foundation. Your brand is now prepared to go forth and socialize! Have fun with your social campaigns, experiment with what works best for your unique business. Assess the campaign and fill in any cracks that you might find along the way. You’re sure to experience positive results and a measurable return on investment of the goals set during the planning phase of the campaign.
How do you reinforce the foundation of your social campaigns? Share your thoughts in the “Comments” section below.